The Find Legal Answers tool kit is a collection of up to 20 plain language books to answer everyday questions about the law.
The tool kit is updated twice a year. Titles are selected by specialist law librarians as being the most useful and relevant practical guides to the law in NSW.
Subjects include: renting, wills and estates, family law, drink driving, facing a criminal charge in court, neighbours and the law, bankruptcy, debt and credit problems and consumer law.
The Find Legal Answers tool kit is available in all NSW public libraries. Selected titles are also available online - see list below.
Current tool kit titles:
- The animal law guide
- Defend yourself: facing a charge in court. 3rd ed
- The families handbook: a guide for families and friends of prisoners
- The family law handbook. 3rd ed. Chapters 1 & 2 available online
- Guilty Your Honour: representing yourself in NSW local courts when charged with drink driving. 3rd ed
- How to run your own court case: a practical guide to representing yourself in Australian courts and tribunals (non-criminal cases)
- Just a piece of paper? Making your AVO work for you. 3rd ed
- The law handbook. 13th edition
- Neighbours and the law
- Rest assured: a legal guide to wills, estates and funerals in New South Wales. 5th ed
- Seniors guide: consumer information for older Australians
- Share housing survival guide (NSW)
- Speaking for myself: planning for later life decision-making
- Strata living: what you need to know about living in your strata community
- Tenants' rights manual - NSW: a practical guide to renting. 4th ed
- Women and family law. 10th ed
- Youth justice: your guide to cops and court in NSW. 4th ed